Commercial Pilot’s Licence (CPL)
The Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) allows you to fly for “hire and reward” as Pilot in Command or Captain and also as a First Officer or Co-Pilot in a Commercial Operator. This is a Professional Licence!
- Current Kenyan PPL
CPL Theory Curriculum (Ground School)
- Theory is covered as part of the Airline Transport Pilots Licence (ATPL) Course.
- There are 14 subjects to be learned and understood to achieve the knowledge skill level required.
- All subjects have to be passed before training can commence.
- The CPL has to be obtained within 18 months of passing all theory examinations.
Flight Training Syllabus (110 hours)
- Initial training: General handling and navigation to CPL Standard.
- Basic Instrument Flying: Flying with sole reference to instruments.
- The course finishes with consolidation and a General Flight Test (GFT) conducted a KCAA examiner.
- Thereafter the CPL is issued by KCAA.
Course Duration and cost
- Ground School is approximately 3 months full time.
- Flying is approximately 9 months, depending on weather.
- For costs email us for our current pricing sheet.